An Unwanted Birthday

Friday, 2 September 2011

A return to painting

My last post was quite a while ago, apologies for that. The painting below was the last one on my 1st of June post and it was labelled as a work in progress. Soon after that I reworked the painting, and I realised it was a portrait of my Dad and his partner. It was the last thing I painted before he died incredibly quickly of cancer.

He was diagnosed with pancreas and liver cancer on 21st June and passed away 17 days after his diagnosis. Needless to say I'm still completely shell shocked to have lost my dad and it will take a long time before I can fully accept the reality of it all, but painting will definitely help me on my way.


The work in progress



S and J






Peaceful Stephen







No comments:

Post a Comment